Beef Stew food recipes
Beef Stew food recipes This classic stew belongs on your winter recipe lineup.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes Wine helps develop richer, more complex flavors in your stew. If you don’t have any leftover cooking wine on hand, your stew will be delicious without it—just sub in more beef stock! Word to the wise, though: open wine keeps for MONTHS in the fridge. So yes, that half glass of Pinot from September will work just fine.
Have more leftover wine burning a hole in your fridge? Make our red wine poke cake!
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large dutch oven (or pot), over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef and cook on all sides until seared, 10 minutes, working in batches if necessary. Transfer beef to a plate.
- In the same pot, cook onion, carrots, and celery until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened, 2 minutes.
- Add beef back to dutch oven then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer until beef is tender, 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Stir in peas and cook until warmed through, 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley befor serving.