Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup
Cajun Chicken Noodle Soup Add chicken, The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend, and salt and increase heat to medium It’s the zestiest way to comfort yourself.
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 35 MINS
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 lb. chicken breastkosher salt
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 c. diced onion
2 celery stalks, cut into 1/4″ slices
1 c. diced red bell pepper
1 tbsp. cajun seasoning (without salt)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
32 oz. Swanson Chicken Broth
1 c. pasta rings or small pasta shape
1/4 c. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, warm olive oil. Season chicken with salt and cook until golden brown all over, 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to cool, then chop into 1/2″ cubes and set aside with any leftover drippings.
- Return pot to medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, and onions. Cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add celery, red bell pepper, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt and cook, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lemon juice, broth, and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Stir in chicken with leftover juices and parsley and heat until warmed through. Serve immediately.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, jalapeño, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and onion is translucent, about 20 minutes.
- Add chicken, The Spice Hunter Cajun Creole Seasoning Blend, and salt and increase heat to medium-high. Stir and cook until chicken begins to look opaque, about 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce, red beans, chicken broth, rice and bay leaf and bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat. Stir frequently so that rice doesn’t stick to the bottom and cook uncovered 20 minutes, until rice is softened. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce and check seasoning, adding more salt if desired. Remove bay leaf, ladle into bowls, and top with black pepper (soup with continue to thicken as it sits).