Cajun Shrimp Chowder recipes
Cajun Shrimp Chowder recipes Get ready to CHOW down.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes Cajun seasoning is one of our secret weapons in the test kitchen. It makes everything better (the proof is in the Cajun Chicken Alfredo!)—including shrimp chowder. We use it here to season the shrimp before cooking it in bacon fat.
Freshly ground black pepper
- Season shrimp all over with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes. Drain bacon pieces on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add shrimp to bacon fat and cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to plate with bacon.
- Drain bacon fat then melt butter in pot, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and flour, and cook 30 seconds more. Add potatoes, broth, thyme, and green onions, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in corn and cream, and simmer 5 minutes more. Turn off heat and stir in cooked shrimp, then season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Garnish each serving with bacon