Cheddar Carbonara food recipes
Cheddar Carbonara food recipes White cheddar is here to blow your mind.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes White cheddar is here to blow your mind.
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 25 MINS
1 lb. spaghetti
8 oz. bacon, cut into 1/2″ slices
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 egg yolks, at room temperature
1 1/2 c. shredded white Cheddar
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, cheddar, Parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a bowl without draining the fat. Return skillet to medium heat and add 1/2 cup pasta water. Turn off heat.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in cheese mixture and parsley, tossing with tongs to evenly coat the pasta and prevent the eggs from scrambling. Add additional pasta water to make a creamy sauce.
- Before serving, mix in parsley. Garnish with bacon and serve immediately.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.Meanwhile cook bacon in large frypan until crisp. Drain, reserving 3 tbsp (45 mL) drippings; set bacon aside. Return reserved bacon drippings to frypan and cook green onions until tender.Drain spaghetti and return to saucepan. Add eggs to hot pasta and toss well to coat. Add 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Cheddar cheese, cooked bacon and green onion mixture to pasta and continue tossing until cheese melts and coats spaghetti. Add salt, pepper and hot chili pepper flakes to taste.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Cheddar cheese and parsley.
Note: This recipe contains raw or lightly cooked eggs. Foods containing raw or lightly cooked eggs may be harmful to vulnerable people such as young children, the elderly, pregnant women and people with weak immune systems.