Cheese Manicotti food recipes
Cheese Manicotti food recipes When you’re craving cheese and carbs, there’s really nothing better. Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes, These manicotti are the epitome of comfort food. When you’re craving cheese and carbs, there’s really nothing better.
If you’re craving this but you want something a little lighter, try our zucchini manicotti! No noodles involved.
Zest of 1/2 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook manicotti until al dente, 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook 2 minutes more, until garlic is fragrant and tomato paste has darkened in color.
- Add crushed tomatoes (with juices) and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make ricotta filling: in a large bowl, stir together ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan, basil, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Into the bottom of a large baking dish, ladle a couple scoops of sauce. Smooth into an even layer. Spoon ricotta mixture into prepared manicotti and place side by side into baking dish, repeating until all ricotta mixture has been used. Top with remaining tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.