Cheesy Stuffed Shells recipes
Cheesy Stuffed Shells recipes Cheesy Stuffed Shells recipes Extra cheese, plz.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecioes Extra cheese, plz.
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 30 MINS
12 oz. box jumbo pasta shells
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1/2 c. diced Provolone
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. whole milk
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a large casserole dish with oil. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and cook ground beef until browned, breaking up beef using a wooden spoon. Add garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook for 2 minutes. If beef mixture is very greasy, drain excess fat using a spoon. Stir in parsley and provolone, and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until slightly thickened. Add mustard and Parmesan.
- Spread half the cream sauce in the baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture and arrange face up in dish. Pour remaining sauce over the shells and bake until warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
- You really can’t go wrong with a good lasagna. Rich red sauce, creamy white sauce, and lots of cheese all layered between pasta noodles… It’s heavenly! But when I feel like something EXTRA cheesy, I make these stuffed shells! They have the same basic principle as lasagna, but with a triple dose of cheese and stuffed inside a cute pasta shell. I like my food cute… and cheesy