Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole There is literally only one dirty dish to clean with this recipe. Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes. Is there anything more comforting than a chicken & rice casserole? We actually don’t think so. It’s the type of recipe we turn to time after time again during the fall and winter, just like roast chicken or our tortellini soup. If you’d rather sub in chicken breasts, you totally can — we just love thighs for their flavor and crispy skin. Here’s why this is the casserole of our dreams:
1. You don’t even have to dirty a pan. This is a literal dump ‘n bake recipe: You put the uncooked rice and onion, broth, and cream of mushroom soup into a casserole dish and then top with the chicken thighs.
2. It only dirties ONE dish. Seriously, how could you go back to a normal recipe after this? By layering ingredients in the baking dish, you won’t have to bust out a skillet or bowl. Which makes this casserole perfect for a lazy Tuesday when calling up pizza delivery is all too tempting.
Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
2 c. white rice
1 large onion, chopped
2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
2 ,10.5-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
Freshly ground black pepper
3 large bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. fresh thyme
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with oil. Add rice, onion, broth, and soup and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in rice mixture and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with thyme and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more, until rice is cooked and chicken is golden
- Garnish with parsley before serving.