Chicken Frito Pie recipes
Chicken Frito Pie recipes You’re about to become famous among your friends for this recipe.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes You’re about to become famous among your friends for this recipe.
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 35 MINS
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Freshly ground black pepper
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c. corn kernels, fresh, canned, or frozen
1 4-oz. can green chilis
3 c. Fritos
1 c. shredded Cheddar
1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden and no longer pink, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to let rest 5 minutes, then slice.
- Add onion to skillet and season with salt, cumin, and chili powder. Cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add tomatoes and stir until combined, then add black beans, corn, and green chilis.
- Return cooked diced chicken to skillet and stir to combine. Simmer until thick, 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and layer half the Fritos on the bottom of skillet. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheddar, Monterey Jack, and remaining Fritos.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, 10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
- In a 3- or 4-quart slow cooker, place chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, chickenbroth and taco seasoning mix. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Spoon chicken mixture on top of corn chips. Top with avocado, black beans, tomato, cilantro and scallion.