Chicken Pot Pie Noodles
Chicken Pot Pie Noodles The faster version for your favorite comfort meal.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes The faster version for your favorite comfort meal.
I grew up always eating the ‘pie’ kind. Mom would bake it up in the oven with a traditional pie crust. And always a homemade crust so really good stuff.
Then I met my hubby. His family introduced me to the ‘pot’ style. Passed down from his grandmother to his mother and then on to the next generation. After enjoying this delicious new way to eat pot pie. I sort of never looked back. Occasionally I think about the ‘pie’ style but this kind is just so comforting to me.
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles for 5 minutes. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3 minutes, then stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and heavy cream and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in noodles, chicken, corn, and peas, then transfer mixture into a 9”-x-13” baking dish.
- Combine Panko, Parmesan, and oil and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on top and bake until golden, 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.