Mac Cheese Pizza reccipes
Mac Cheese Pizza reccipes ‘Cause you gotta have a cheat day! Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes Cause you gotta have a cheat day!
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 40 MINS
box macaroni and cheese, plus ingredients called for on box
shredded cheddar, divided
1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
1 lb. pizza dough
Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package instructions, then add ½ cup cheddar and ½ cup mozzarella to the pot. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Stretch and roll pizza dough into a large round, about 12” wide. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake until the crust begins to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Spread the macaroni and cheese on top of the baked crust in an even layer, leaving a ½” border for the crust. Top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella and bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden, about 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir flour with butter until it has a slightly toasted fragrance, about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and simmer until thickened, whisking constantly, 2 more minutes. Stir in processed cheese cubes. Let the cheese cubes melt, stirring often, to make a smooth cheese sauce.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of cheese sauce onto the pizza crust. Stir cooked macaroni into remaining cheese sauce in the saucepan and spoon the macaroni and cheese onto the crust in an even layer. Sprinkle top of pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crust is lightly browned and the mozzarella cheese is golden brown, about 15 minutes.