Pizza Mac And Cheese
Pizza Mac And Cheese Once you go pizza mac, you never go back.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes Warning: Once you go pizza mac, you never go back.
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 40 MINS
16 oz. macaroni or shells
3 tbsp. butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 1/2 c. milk
1 1/3 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. shredded fontina
1/2 c. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
1 c. chopped pepperoni, plus 15 whole slices for topping
3/4 c. pizza sauce
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
Freshly chopped basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- Add butter to pot and melt over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour and cook until golden, 1 minute more. Add milk and bring to a simmer. Let thicken, 3 minutes. Add 1 cup mozzarella, fontina, and Parmesan and stir until melty, 2 minutes more.
- Add cooked macaroni and stir until completely coated, then stir in chopped pepperoni, 1/2 cup pizza sauce, dried oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mac to a baking dish and spoon remaining 1/4 cup pizza sauce on top. Top with remaining mozzarella and whole pepperoni.
- Bake until cheese is melty and golden and pepperoni crispy, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan and serve.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth; cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in Cheddar and American cheeses and uncooked noodles. Pour into baking dish . Top with drained tomatoes. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes.