Spaghetti and Meatballs recipes
Spaghetti and Meatballs recipes Making your own meatballs and sauce makes it even better.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes.Making your sauce is always better — it’s cheaper and so much more flavorful. This one comes together in just about 15 minutes and is the perfect accompaniment to the big garlicky meatballs. (If you have leftovers, try our Spaghetti & Meatball Cups. Kids LOVE them.)
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine beef with breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, egg, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes. Mix until just combined then form into 16 balls.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove meatballs and reserve on plate.
- Add the remaining oil and onion and cook until onion is soft, 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs back into the pot, cover and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve pasta with a healthy scoop of meatballs and sauce. Top with Parmesan before serving.