Spaghetti & Meatball Pie
Spaghetti & Meatball Pie Always down for a new way to eat pasta.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes Always down for a new way to eat pasta.
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 45 MINS
Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
1 32-oz. jar of marinara, divided
1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
3 large eggs, divided
1 c. ricotta cheese
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Pree eat oven to 350° and grease a pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, 1/4 cup marinara, Parmesan and 1 egg. Toss until evenly combined. Press spaghetti mixture into the pie crust as compactly as possible. Bake until spaghetti is slightly crispy around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 egg and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, remaining egg, onion, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir until evenly combined. Scoop tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and sear on all sides until a nice crispy crust develops, about 2 minutes per side. Pour marinara around the meatballs and stir until the meatballs are saucy.
- Assemble pie: Spread ricotta mixture on top of the baked spaghetti crust, then add the meatballs in a single layer on top. Spoon some extra marinara on top of meatballs. Sprinkle mozzarella on top and bake until the cheese is melted, the meatballs are cooked through and the crust is crispy around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and slice into wedges.