Ultimate Baked Ziti recipes
Ultimate Baked Ziti recipes Bellissimo!Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes Baked ziti is one of those classic Italian pastas that we have to order whenever we see it. But perfecting ziti at home is actually easy—all it takes is a good meat sauce. This is our favorite.
pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until very al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes minutes. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute. Add meat and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes, then drain fat.
- Stir in tomato paste and oregano and cook 2 minutes more, until slightly darkened. Add crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a simmer, reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced and flavors have melded, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil.
- In a large bowl, combine sauce and pasta. Fold in ricotta, leaving large clumps. Spread about half of the pasta mixture into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and Parmesan over the pasta. Top with the rest of the pasta mixture and sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake until cheese is bubbling, about 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish with more basil before serving.