Ultimate Tuna Noodle Casserole
Ultimate Tuna Noodle Casserole The mother of all casseroles.Get the recipe from lovefoodrecipes If you’re a 90’s kid, it’s likely that cheesy tuna casserole was your grade-school jam. We remember this dinner-table favorite fondly—so much so that when handed a bag of No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles, we instantly had visions of a just-out-of-the-oven, breadcrumb-encrusted, melty tuna casserole, and we had to make it.
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cook No Yolks Extra Broad Noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add onion, celery, and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Sprinkle over flour and cook until cooked through, 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and whole milk and bring to a simmer. Let thicken for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, tuna, cheddar, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and herbs and mix to combine.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining tablespoon of butter. Mix with panko and remaining Parmesan and sprinkle over top of noodles. Bake until bubbly and golden, 17 to 19 minutes.